If you only use maple syrup and butter to top your pancakes then this recipe is for you. Using nut butters as your spread not only tastes amazing, but it's super healthy as well! Sweet or salty, is entirely up to you! You can use pecan butter, cashew butter, peanut butter or a flavored blend such as cashew, chocolate or almond butter as highlighted in the photos. These are excellent to add any fruit you have on hand. Delicious ingredients go great on top of pumpkin seed butter & sunflower seed butter as well as others. Decorate with seeds, herbs, citrus zest, cacao, finely chopped nuts, coconut flakes or anything you think might taste good. Get original and creative!
RECIPE FOR PANCAKES
- 130g of all purpose flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 130g of almond milk or plant-based milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons oil of choice such as melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or sugar of choice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar (if using maple syrup- add to wet ingredients), baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together until everything is combined.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together plant-based milk, vanilla extract, and oil. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing until combined and smooth.
- Heat a large skillet or electric griddle over medium heat. Add a bit of oil then pour 1/4 cup of batter on the hot skillet and repeat, leaving an inch between pancakes. Cook until the pancakes bubble on the top and edges, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook for another minute or two until golden and set. Top with a combination of nut butters, fruits, and veggies or any toppings of choice. There are so many possibilities, so be creative!