Figgy Hazelnut Butter Popcorn with Chocolate Drizzle. This salty and sweet treat is your go-to when it comes to Netflix and movie watching, plus it’s extremely easy to make!
- 8 cups fresh popped popcorn
- 1/4 cup agave
- 3 tbs sugar
- 2 tbs fig spread
- 1/4 cup roasted hazelnut butter (homemade or store bought)
- 1/2 tsp salt + more for topping, large flake is great for the top
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips (I love some super super dark chocolate on here, the fig hazelnut spread is pretty sweet so I love the contrast)
- 1/2 tbs refined coconut oil
- Heat a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add agave and sugar, stir until sugar dissolves
- When sugar is dissolved, add in fig spread and stir until that is dissolved. There might be small pieces of fig left undissolved, thats fine!
- Add hazelnut butter and 1/2 tsp of salt (if your hazelnut butter is unsalted, if it is you can skip the extra salt) and stir to combine, little bubbles should be slowly forming but don’t bring it to a boil or the hazelnut butter will burn. Stir frequently until the mixture gets slightly darker, about 4-5 minutes
- Off the heat and stir in 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Place popcorn in an extra large bowl and pour the hazelnut butter mixture on top, carefully toss with a wooden spoon
- Set the popcorn aside and place the chocolate and coconut oil in a small bowl and microwave in 30 second increments stirring in between, until its all melted, then drizzle it on top of the popcorn. Finish with some large flake sea salt if you’d, like and enjoy!